I’m excited to be joining in on this fun challenge! It starts tomorrow and will go until May 2, 2020. All you have to do is index a batch a day (or more if you like!) and hop on social media and tell us all which collection you ended up indexing using the hashtag #ABatchADay or #FamilySearch.
I’ve been indexing for over 20 years now and it’s a wonderful way to give back to the genealogy community. Finding our ancestors in the collections at FamilySearch.org means that someone somewhere spent some time indexing that information.
How to participate in the #ABatchADay Challenge
- Anyone with a free FamilySearch.org account can participate.
- Children under the age of 13 need parental approval (or to use their parent’s account.)
- You will need a computer or tablet and an internet connection to access the indexing website at https://www.familysearch.org/indexing/
- Each day from April 26 to May 2, 2020, choose one record batch to index.
- After completing the batch, share which collection you indexed with the hashtag #ABatchADay and #FamilySearch in the social post.
I’d love to hear if you plan to participate and what collections you end up indexing!