- Have you wondered where your ancestors came from?
- Have you heard family stories and wondered if they were true?
- Do you have a specific ancestor you’d like to learn more about?
- Do you want to get started yourself but need a little help to figure out how?
- Do you have boxes of photographs and documents that need organizing?
With more than 16 years of research experience, I can help you with those questions and any others you might have. Let me find your ancestors and help you make a connection to your past. Bringing ancestors to life via genealogical research honors their memory and gives you a unique perspective on those whose shoulders you stand on today.
Areas of Specialty
Mountain West (Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming)
Isle of Man
Although these are areas I have the most research experience in, I am happy to engage in research in other localities.
Professional Research Services:
Using a wide variety of sources such as vital records, census records, city directories, land records, military records, historical newspapers, and many more, I am able to help you with the following:
- Research Reports detailing an individual and/or a family
- Research on those difficult to find (“brick wall”) ancestors
- Narrative Reports using social history to give context to your ancestor’s life
- Record Retrieval at local repositories
- Assist with writing or editing of your family history projects
Services to help you get started:
- Research Plans that give you direction on your research
- Getting started using Familysearch.org or Ancestry.com
- Getting your data into RootsMagic software
Services to help you get organized:
- Scanning of documents and photographs
- Transcription of difficult to read letters, journals and other documents.
- Digital presentations of photographs and documents for family reunions, weddings, funerals and other family events.
I comply with the Genealogist’s Code of Ethics and the Genealogical Proof Standard as developed by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
All clients will receive a professionally prepared, written report which is fully sourced and documented.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your family history project.