- Have you wondered where your ancestors came from?
- Have you heard family stories and wondered if they were true?
- Do you have a specific ancestor you’d like to learn more about?
- Do you want to get started yourself but need a little help to figure out how?
- Do you have boxes of photographs and documents that need organizing?
With more than 15 years of research experience, I can help you with those questions and any others you might have. Let me find your ancestors and help you make a connection to your past. Bringing ancestors to life via genealogical research honors their memory and gives you a unique perspective on those whose shoulders you stand on today.
Areas of Specialty
Mountain West (Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming)
Midwest (Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio)
Pacific (California, Oregon)
Isle of Man
Although these are areas I have the most research experience in, I am happy to engage in research in other localities.
Professional Research Services:
Using a wide variety of sources such as vital records, census records, city directories, land records, military records, historical newspapers, and many more, I am able to help you with the following:
- Research Reports detailing an individual and/or a family
- Research on those difficult to find (“brick wall”) ancestors
- Narrative Reports using social history to give context to your ancestor’s life
- Record Retrieval at local repositories
- Assist with writing or editing of your family history projects
Services to help you get started:
- Research Plans that give you direction on your research
- Getting started using Familysearch.org or Ancestry.com
- Getting your data into RootsMagic software
Services to help you get organized:
- Scanning of documents and photographs
- Transcription of difficult to read letters, journals and other documents.
- Digital presentations of photographs and documents for family reunions, weddings, funerals and other family events.
I comply with the Genealogist’s Code of Ethics and the Genealogical Proof Standard as developed by the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
All clients will receive a professionally prepared, written report which is fully sourced and documented.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding your family history project.